Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Spirit Earrings from Foam Glitter Sheets

So how do you make a light weight earring that can be shaped into your favorite football team's logo? Well, on my Hobby Lobby trip this week I set out to find something I could use to accomplish the task. I found "Silly Winks" glitter sheets in the kids craft section for 99 cents each. They are 8 1/2" x 11" foam sheets that have glitter on one side. I traced "W"s the size that I wanted on the backside of the foam sheet, cut them out precisely with an exacto knife, and then hot glued them to earrings posts that I had on hand. The minute that my youngest daughter saw them she loved them. She immediately put them on and claimed the new fashion trend at school. She had a friend over who also wanted a pair, so I made her a pair too. I will definately be making more of these. Simple, fast, and fun!

 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment