Sunday, August 19, 2012

Laundry Soap


I don't like laundry, but I love this laundry soap...I have been using it exclusively in our house for over a month. Everyone that walks through our backdoor (by the laundry room), asks what that good smell is. My oldest son is about the most critical of any laundry smell on his morning shower towel-and he loves it too. Not only does it smell good, but the clothes are nice and clean. Whites are white, and my HE washer hasn't had "that smell" either. I haven't even used additional laundry softener like I have always done. Having been a Tide/Downey person, I am shocked that I have stuck with this.

Give it a try...

Mix all ingredients well in a 5 gallon bucket and then just refill a smaller container for daily use. I use 1/4 cup for small loads and 1/2 cup for large loads, placing it directly in the drum of the washing machine before loading the clothes.

1- 4 lb. box Borax
1- 3 lb. 7 oz. box Arm and Hammer Super Washing Soda
1- 3 lb. container Oxy-Clean
2- 14 oz. boxes of Zote soap flakes
1- 4 lb. box Arm and Hammer Baking soda
3- 28 oz  bottles Purex Crystals

*Yield- 168 loads ($.15/load compared to $.63 Tide/Downey)
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment