Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Back To School- Quick Frozen Breakfast

Now that the kids are back in school, mornings are one big whirl. Momo's solution to morning hunger (and afternoon, and evening..) is the Chick-fil-A drive thru. But instead of applying for a 2nd job, I just take some time to prepare a week's worth of quick frozen breakfasts. The least they can do is set the microwave timer for 1.5 seconds. Wah.. Lah.. Breakfast is served.

I cook a batch of pancakes and put a short stack of 3 in a sandwich bag. The kids just pull out a bag and pop in the microwave.


 
When I am feeling generous like I did this evening, I make a huge batch of breakfast burritos, wrap them in celophane, and freeze.
 
2 lbs. breakfast sausage
2 doz. eggs
1 bag frozen O'Brien style potatoes (with onions, bell peppers)
shredded cheese to liking
50-60 taco size flour tortillas
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment